It’s been a good month so far. Here’s why:
I’m actually running. (!) Barker fact #1: I ran track back in high school. Then stopped. And now I’m starting again. I’m pretty horrible right now, but one thing I’m trying to remember this year is to be positive. Taking small steps and such. So here are some goals for this year:
- Break 22 minutes in a 5k. I’m doing 30 minutes now, so it’s quite an improvement I’m looking at. But I can do it.
- Break 5 minutes in a mile. (Aka 4:59). My PR back in high school was 5:36 My best time so far this year is 8:01. I kind of cringed when I read that.
- Run 4 times a week. Pretty self explanatory.
- Finish a marathon. STG marathon is in October. Eventually I want to finish the STG Ironman, but HAERMM that’s a ways off.
Pretty cool, huh? I want to start hitting the gym too, but I’m still working on where I’d go for that.
I’m only doing art classes this semester, which is awesome. I’ve learned a lot about Illustrator in particular so far this year, which was one of my main goals.
- Digital Imaging. Learning Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop. I was most excited for this one.
- History of Graphic Design. This one is awesome too.
- Drawing I. I absolutely suck at drawing, and just happen to sit next to the best artist in class.
- Intro to Photography.
I I like all of them. I think it’ll be a great semester.
http://www.last.fm/user/barkerbear. I like to track things. I started tracking music again. So.. this is for the past week. My inner-hipster has kept me from Nirvana until now, but I found out I like them a lot. I could say this is all good music and you should check it out, but I wont. Oops.
I still make art. This is stuff from last month for my 2D Design Capstone:
Yeah, there’s a typo in the second to last image, big whoop, wanna fight about it? Anyway that was a fun project to work on. It gave me an idea for a short story I’m really interested in working on. I have an idea for a future/dystopian story, as well as ideas for a sort of science fiction story, and another one that has to do with what happens when people die. I think one day I’ll end up using all of these ideas in art for class, so it’s good to know I have some creative juices flowing.
- Employee reviews at work. Mine went well, I think they like me here. And I LOVE my job.
- I want a Niners/Ravens Super Bowl, with the Niners winning.
- I got to see Mom and Emily a lot more recently.
- My brother lives in San Diego now, and I’m pretty sure the whole family is jelly of him.
- I might buy a 3DS tonight.
- I’ve only shared a link to here on a movie forum I go to, not FB. Haermm.
- Sometimes I daydream about moving north and going to the U, and sometimes I daydream about moving back to St. George and going to Dixie. The main thing keeping me in Cedar City is my job. Not because I need it, but because I honestly love it.
- I wear Crew socks now.
- Olive is such a joy to be around. I’ll never miss an opportunity to gush about her.
- I’m thinking vaguely of growing my hair out. (Pt. 7)
- My roommate David moved out. He lives in Vegas now. I’ll probably be in an SUU dorm this time next year.
- I still watch wrestling. Yes, I know it’s predetermined. My top 5, dawg: Dolph Ziggler, CM Punk, R-Truth, Brodus Clay, Justin Gabriel.
- Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04zdLRu7qnA
- That reminds me, I want to go to another wrestling show. There’s meant to be one in Vegas in June.
- I owe my mom a trip to San Diego this fall for a Chargers game.
- I hate Alex Spanos for rehiring Norval.
- There’s Barker talk about a group of us going to SoCal around Spring break.
- I’m in love with Eleanor Friedberger.
Anyway haermm. Bye.